Post by Your Mom on Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 am

This one's for sarah

Your Mom
Admin

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.ipbfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Just have to get that perfect foto

Post by Doug Fisher on Tue May 05, 2015 12:31 am

One thing that troubles me is the tendency for people to film an event rather than take part in it. Just experience the moment, rather than looking at it on a tiny screen. I remember not too long ago, a car crashed through a store front. Instead of helping the wounded driver, everyone stood around recording it on their phones. There have also been incidents on New York subways where the entire train is completely oblivious to a crime taking place right in front of them.
Doug Fisher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Tue May 05, 2015 12:48 am

Your Mom wrote:

Wow. That one really stopped me in my tracks.

The guy with his feet on fire is pretty cool too.
Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Tue May 05, 2015 12:52 am

That burning feet photo is the one I liked best. (Just realised I spelt photo the porkandcheese way in the title)

I've found myself in the same situation as the pic above on more than one occasion here in Rio, but minus a camera in hand.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Tue May 05, 2015 1:01 am

Your Mom wrote:

I've found myself in the same situation as the pic above on more than one occasion here in Rio, but minus a camera in hand.

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Tue May 05, 2015 1:02 am

Doug Fisher wrote:One thing that troubles me is the tendency for people to film an event rather than take part in it. Just experience the moment, rather than looking at it on a tiny screen. I remember not too long ago, a car crashed through a store front. Instead of helping the wounded driver, everyone stood around recording it on their phones. There have also been incidents on New York subways where the entire train is completely oblivious to a crime taking place right in front of them.

I share your problem, and see it as just another manifestation of the glorification the self in the me, me me! culture that's being promulgated. No matter if my job were photographer, I could never stand idly by documenting some crime against humanity or the suffering of another individual.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Tue May 05, 2015 1:16 am

Sarah522 wrote:
Your Mom wrote:

I find myself in a somewhat strange place these days. As a younger person, perhaps as a result of a violent and domineering father, I was very fearful. My life was dominated by fear. However, during my early 20s, I experienced a period of enormous personal growth and epiphanies that changed my life forever. One of those changes was that fear disappeared from life forever. It wasn't something intentional, it just happened. As a result, whenever I'm in situations where I should be scared, I feel no fear whatsoever, merely a tranquility. And I've been in many, many life threatening situations where I should have felt fear, such as ending up out of a kayak and being sucked through some major rapids wearing nothing but shorts to having a gun in my face from a mugger and the police on many occasions and even having a paranoid, drug addled drug dealer poking a pistol under my rib cage because he thought I was under cover police. Incidentally, barring the rapids incident, all those happened in Brazil.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content