Your Mom's place

The faggot, the friends, the police and the vagabonds

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: The faggot, the friends, the police and the vagabonds

Post by Your Mom on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Well, I was. I haven`t worked as a chef for more than 20 years now!
But I still love creating dishes and combining flavours.
This background helped me enormously as a manager when I worked as a restaurant, hotel and pub manager
Your Mom
Admin

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.ipbfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:32 pm

When one door closes another one opens. I did the traveling bit for a couple of years. Experience is the best teacher eh?

I can put you up if you make it to Oklahoma... YEEE HAWWW!!!

Try and dispel some of the garbage misinformation you have been fed. Heck you might wanna be an Okie when it is all said and done!

A lot of the girls here suffer from what we call "Will Rogers Syndrome" meaning ..... Never met a man they didn't like. And Tulsa is a slut spelled backwards!
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:37 pm

You are the first person I`ve seen who has also noticed that Tulsa is a whore!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Your Mom wrote:So why didn't I just make a rocket stove?
Good question and one I don't have an answer to.

You can make a great one out of bricks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQjqaFgjyhI
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Your Mom wrote:You are the first person I`ve seen who has also noticed that Tulsa is a whore!

A SLUT!
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Slut, whore, let`s not split pubic hairs over this.
Tulsa`s a whore!

It is my want to play with words; read them backwards, or even make anagrams out of them, but Tulsa lent it`s tarty nature to my warped imagination many years ago.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macdougal on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:57 am

YM, you're halfway to a meal if you could get your knives back.

Sarah, I'm so glad to hear that!

Frigg, 30 years ago or maybe more, we were hitching through Oklahoma. Got into Nosnookie or however you spell that town that was in a country song. Anyway, this cop picks us up and we're thinking what a nice guy and all. He's chatting with us all friendly. Then we get right past the "leaving Nostogie" sign and he stops, let us out, and says don't ever thumb through our town again. Still laugh about that today..

Macdougal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Did he forget to call you son or boy?

Could it have been Muskogee.. As in proud to be an Okie from said town?
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macdougal on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:21 am

Yeah, that's it! I'm not a boy though. It was me, my husband and 2 yr. old son.

Macdougal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Pardon me Ma'am...

I'll just mosey on over to the bar and order me a glass of swill.
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macdougal on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:03 am

Swill and gruel..sounds like supper..

Macdougal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:36 pm

That was interesting; for the first day since I arrived, I caught a mototaxi- that is, a motorbike taxi. I told him my destination and said to take me up to the boca de fumo (weed selling point - or, literally, smoke mouth).

Most people here take the mototaxi due to the fact the community is built on the side of a mountain and most roads are about 30°. Normally, I walk for the exercise, but today I decided to be lazy.

When I asked the taxi boy to take me to the boca, he said no way, you are crazy; I don't go there! I had to settle for the closest shops. That being said, I in no way feel threatened being here; killing a gringo would unleash a shit storm upon the dealers that they really do not want. Yes, there is a war between the dealers and the militarised police, but the dealers are not stupid and don't have a death wish. Sadly, their life expectancy is still the early 20s.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:55 pm

As another aside, I just heard the clump of many footsteps pass my house followed by a volley of about 20 gunshots, followed by another dozen or so and sporadic shots thereafter. This is probably gang retribution, or not. It could just be frivolous fun for all I know. By the sound of it, it's all the same gun.

As far as I see it, the only danger to me is being caught in the crossfire. If that happens, meh! I won't know much about it and therefore won't care too much.

I log in every day and try to at least post something. If I stop posting for more than a few days, you could posit that something negative might have happened., otherwise, don't worry, be happy.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Sure, there are other parts of the world like this, the US included, and I only post this because it's so far removed from my comfort zone, which is not necessarily a bad place to be.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Seriously, why don't you move to another location that's not so dangerous? Everyplace there can't be like that...can it?

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Call me weird, but I kinda like it! Sure, my house may be a hovel, but I am aware each and every day that I am alive; something many of us have forgotten.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dazedb42 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:01 pm

How are things going you crazy bastard?
dazedb42

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:07 am

All the better for seeing you here, mofo (I.E. mould, you mother fucker).

Perhaps I should explain. Mofo, as a legitimate word in pokandcheese, means mould, you funghi)! Smile
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dazedb42 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:25 am

Mofo = mould, well ain't that fine and fucking salubrious. I'll be sure to file that one away for future reference.

Good to see you've carved a niche in teh webs for yourself here YM, it's a bit vanilla at the moment but I've run out of flat earthers to troll so I'd thought I'd pop me head in and say hi. Good to see some familiar names posting/trolling here (is there a difference, I forget) although they could be a bit more prolific.

You still getting out into the jungle on foraging missions over there? I miss your insightful dietary acquisition threads, anyway have a bee shot I took the other day.

dazedb42

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:54 am

When I first saw a sign that read Cuidado Mofo, or, beware mofo, I laughed like fuck and wished my son was there to share it.

Welcome to my wormhole; wormhole not because it takes you to other dimensions, but because it's so fucking tiny!

I haven't been in the jungle for a few months and that's probably my problem; escaping the urban rat race and reconnecting with nature always restores my soul!

I love bees and they love me; I have a photo with one on my forehead. Mainly, people get stung by bees by being frightened and panicking and trying to swat them; I have been stung twice and both on the same day, albeit 60 kms apart and the fault was most definitely mine. The first happened after I had removed my shirt in the Australian bush and one had settled inside. It stung me when I tried to put the shirt on, trapping the wee fucking between my shirt and my back - can't blame the fucker for that - and the other was after my return whereby one had alighted in my shoe and I tried to slip my foot into it. Again, can't blame the fucker for that.

People say that things happen in threes, but for me, they always happen in twos. For example, I got busted for speeding twice in my life, also both on the same day and in OZ as well, 600 km apart.  Maybe it's just OZ.

Anyway, great to see you and post at will, your humour has been missed. Actually, Z.ero Point (I have to write it like that as his name has been word filtered to something perverse) opened a forum about the same time (has since sunk into the mire of inactivity and admin apathy, but someone was asking after you there. I don't remember who it was; I'll have to have a look.

A non faggot
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dazedb42 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 am

It's a fine wormhole you have here YM, I'll try to not to spew on the strippers while I'm here but no promises. I reckon a short trip into the wilds would help invigorate you again. I'm a bit the same, I need a fix of being outdoors away from it all. I actually just finished (last month) doing a wildlife survey on the upper regions of the river here. That was nice, paddling around in the canoe and blanket trapping all the marron so we could develop a new key with the Dept of Fisheries to tell hybrids apart from pure marron. There are two, one introduced and out competing the locals and the locals which are critically endangered. I've got my fingers crossed that we can get some funding for it this financial year.

Bees are great, I don't get people who freak out over them but I have seen some swarms that have attacked people. Nasty business, I figure most just confuse them with wasps which can be much more aggressive. I've been stung and bitten by most things over the years but my last be sting was in my jeans, crawled all the way up my leg to the middle of my thigh and then stung me. Little bastard paid the price for it though and thankfully here at home no one really cars if you drop ya dacks suddenly once you realize it's a sting. We've got these bullants here on the property that are an inch long and have a sting like a wasp in their tails. Fucking assholes of things, guy was killed a while back from anaphylactic shock after getting stung by them at work. So anyway, anything that feels like one of those is a great reason to go sans pants to find the offender lol.

Speeding tickets, I've had 2 DUI's so lets say there are a few more speeding tickets than that. You weren't in Queensland were you when you got them? I've had rotten luck in that place and I prefer to just avoid it now if possible, which is unfortunate as I've got some good mates there.

ZP probably still lurks if he can find the time, probably doing 7 jobs now to feed all those kids lol.

dazedb42

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:14 am

Dazed, this is somewhat coincidental, but, on a whim, and nothing more, I did a search on marron yesterday. I did not realise there were two species until then. I just remember how great they tasted with a sauce made from mayonnaise, chilli, tomato, onion, garlic and whatever herb I chose - usually basil - and this is what I took camping with me. I preferred to smoke them on a log on the fire rather than boil them and then dip them in my sauce. OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, such taste, such yummy, such joy.

I did this in Dwellingup, mainly. Been there?
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:19 am

BTW, although I liked you previously, you have risen in my esteem since you work with nature. Goodonya cobber!

I was actually in Wait Awhile when I got both the bee stings and the speeding tickets. DUI, cough, cough, licence suspension? Nah, not me!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 am

Speaking of bees. were you aware that the Africanised bee, currently plaguing the southern states of the US and and south America, were the product of Brazilian scientists trying to increase the yield of honey bees and they got loose?

When I was in the south of Brasil, a police horse was killed when a hive was discovered in a local park. These fuckers cause my lip to tremble a little. One, ok, 10,000? AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 am

But these coincidences never fail to surprise me. But, after so many, over so many years, they shouldn't. Perhaps this is threadworthy!

For those sceptical, I have never searched for marron, crawdaddies, before yesterday!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next