Your Mom's place

Put your outdoor/indoor concert nightmare stories here.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Put your outdoor/indoor concert nightmare stories here.

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 am

His name was Scotty the year was 1991.

He went with a group of friends to a Greatful Dead summer show/tour.

This young man was no stranger to drugs or drink like most of the other fans but this night would be very different.

You see, sometime during the show he was separated from his group and apparently out in the parking/vending etc. and camping area nearby which many said was as interesting as the show going on.

They didn't find him until the next morning under a tree. Naked muddy and delirious wide eyed and mumbling incoherently. They put a blanket on him and took him back to a motel where he eventually calmed down and relayed his story to them.

Allegedly he was just tripping on acid and walking in the woods when a silence fell over everything and a very very bright light descended from the sky and focused a beam of white light on him and the next thing he knew, he was paralyzed on a table with beings standing around him but he could not focus on their physical characteristics.

They restrained him "did things to him" and administered an "invisible laser tattoo on his penis" his description...

I can't imagine a worse "set and setting" for an acid trip.

Have any of you gentlemen or ladies ever had your genitals laser tattooed?

Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Put your outdoor/indoor concert nightmare stories here.

Post by Terpentin on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:40 am

Hmm...I once slept through a Lag Wagon gig on the gallery because the support was so bad I had to drink a bottle of Sierra with a mate.

Does that count?
Terpentin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:43 am

Terpentin wrote:Hmm...I once slept through a Lag Wagon gig on the gallery because the support was so bad I had to drink a bottle of Sierra with a mate.

Does that count?

I think I would rather have my penis laser tattooed.

Course that counts!

Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:54 pm

LOL - went to last minute concert with 3 guys - we were all on acid, but found our nosebleed seats ok.  However for me, it was not about the music - I focused on the first band's drummer who wore striped knee socks.  I did not remember that first band's name till I asked someone a couple years later.  2nd band was Fleetwood Mac - and this was back in the late 70's/early 80's when her voice rocked.  But for me again it wasn't about the music - I stared at her hair (which at that time was a big bushy affair).  And started to get paranoid when a woman in back said something to one of the guys "hey are you guys ok, you look sick or something"  - That's when I looked down at the guys and they resembled the 3 monkeys - hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

What a shitty waste of an experience.  I watched Blood, Sweat and Tears and Fleetwood Mac and came away with nothing.  Oh and then we lost the car and wandered for what seemed hours in empty parking lots (yeah everyone else went home) till we found it.  

Good time <said sarcastically>

Tude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Then there was a time at yet another GD tour this time in Bonner Springs Kansas on the 4th of July in 103degree heat where my roommate got so fucked up that he blacked out and fell on his face right in front of the angry policeman. Who was now very angry and ready to drop a bomb on our fun. We picked him up and told the cop his blood sugar was low and we would make sure he was OK. I don't think he believed us..Unbelievably he let us go. He was completely zonked on shrooms and God knows what else.

Long strange trip indeed!

I wish I had a picture of his face that day it looked otherworldly.
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Frigg Stuyvesant wrote:His name was Scotty the year was 1991.

He went with a group of friends to a Greatful Dead summer show/tour.

This young man was no stranger to drugs or drink like most of the other fans but this night would be very different.

You see, sometime during the show he was separated from his group and apparently out in the parking/vending etc. and camping area nearby which many said was as interesting as the show going on.

They didn't find him until the next morning under a tree. Naked muddy and delirious wide eyed and mumbling incoherently. They put a blanket on him and took him back to a motel where he eventually calmed down and relayed his story to them.

Allegedly he was just tripping on acid and walking in the woods when a silence fell over everything and a very very bright light descended from the sky and focused a beam of white light on him and the next thing he knew, he was paralyzed on a table with beings standing around him but he could not focus on their physical characteristics.

They restrained him "did things to him" and administered an "invisible laser tattoo on his penis" his description...

I can't imagine a worse "set and setting" for an acid trip.

Have any of you gentlemen or ladies ever had your genitals laser tattooed?

That was one hell of a trip. I have never had a so called bad trip; they've all been thoroughly enjoyable.
Your Mom
Admin

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.ipbfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:12 pm

But did "they" really take him and "do things" to him or was it all an hallucination?

I thought it was really clever to make the laser tattoo on his willy "invisible" those crafty entities really think ahead. And how did he know it was ... Oh I guess the tattoo process would be quite painful on the penis, no?

I wonder if it fluoresces?

And why this guy? He was the biggest drug enthusiast in a 3 state area! Crack weed meth acid etc... He would do it all. Whatever there was and loads of it. He was a small man for an American.

He was diametrically opposite of who you would expect from a "Take us to your leader" prospect. More like "take us to your biggest fuck up so we can really blow his mind and lulz can ensue!"

Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Ahem.  Google queen here - while searching for OTHER things I routinely stumble onto - um this is the plate, oh I like that set and HEY WHATS THIS PENIS DOING HERE!  And I have seen a tatted up penis and wimmens parts.  I cannot imagine what that pain is - I mean the one big one on my back (actually they are both big hehe) was teeth gritting, hand shaking bad - but those body parts?  <shudder>
Tude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:07 am

Tude wrote:Ahem.  Google queen here - while searching for OTHER things I routinely stumble onto - um this is the plate, oh I like that set and HEY WHATS THIS PENIS DOING HERE!  And I have seen a tatted up penis and wimmens parts.  I cannot imagine what that pain is - I mean the one big one on my back (actually they are both big hehe) was teeth gritting, hand shaking bad - but those body parts?  <shudder>

Talk about Free Willy..Yeesh!
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macdougal on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:04 am

Did anybody go to the New Orleans pop festival...say late 60's...and they had the Hell Angels for crowd control, etc.? Epitome of nightmare.

Macdougal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:19 am

Macdougal wrote:Did anybody go to the New Orleans pop festival...say late 60's...and they had the Hell Angels for crowd control, etc.? Epitome of nightmare.

Or Altamont? affraid

People got murdered.

I went to see a Steely Dan concert a few years ago and the prick I drove with not only left me stranded there but got into a fight he picked with a stranger and then took off and left me.

Tell me this.. How in the fuck do you get into a fight at a Steely Dan concert? I go to concerts to enjoy the show and Steely Dan just doesn't engender rage.. It does not compute.. unless you are so insecure that being in a crowded place brings out the " tantrum" in you.

There are two constants in this world, change and human stupidity.

Needless to say I haven't seen the prick since.
Frigg Stuyvesant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:22 pm

I saw Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and Steely Dan in concert. No exciting stories to tell, just good concerts.

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Well, here's a little Lindsey  Buckingham for you and Mac. His style has been criticised as twangy on Big Love, and I can see that, but it still blows me away nonetheless.

Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:06 pm

My concert nightmare was David Bowie's Serious moonlight tour in 1983. It was in a relatively small stadium, 8,500, and it was a nightmare getting tickets and, as a result, my seat was close to the back and Bowie still looked like an ant on stage. On top of that, the acoustics in the theatre were diabolical and the sound was awful. I don't know whether the sound of the band was really awful as well, but it sounded shit and destroyed my dreams. Bowie had been the only real musical hero I had had, but that show, coupled with some other live recordings I had heard, turned me off him forever - a youth shattered!

I once went to a music festival organised by a biker gang and it was awesome. It was in a rural property in the middle of nowhere and they only had three rules - no fire, no glass and no fighting and over the weekend I saw only one fight, no glass and no fires!
The festival started on friday night and finished on Sunday night and it was 42°C + 107 °F + on Saturday and Sunday. The bikers organised water trucks to continually drive around spraying the crowd to keep them cool.

There was also a dam there which party goers took advantage of in various states of dress including completely naked. At one point, some three a blob of clay/mud and the dam spontaneously split into two sides and a mud fight ensued. This was such fun, until some dick head decided to wrap a stone in clay and hurl that, cutting open some girls head. The bikers decided that was enough so put a stop to it. We found out after the festival that one person had been dragged out dead, but it seems it was just a drunken/drug induced drowning.

I had prepared well and pre-rolled 50 joints to take with me. While there, there were so many crying people begging for whatever drugs they could get that I ended up selling the majority and making a tidy little sum.

The police, being made fully aware of the festival, decided to let it be without harassment, but as one comedian on stage pointed out, the undercover infiltrators were very hard to spot with their black t-shirts - of whatever band, and standard police haircuts. We had no problem with them. However, after the festival, they basically stopped every single car on the road out and made quite a significant number of arrests.

This was the first of what became an annual event that grew and grew, but nothing could ever could ever compare to that first one!

Last edited by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:11 pm

This was amazing seeing them together for the first time in 16 years, putting aside their differences for this show.

Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 pm

One other "nightmare" also comes to mind, and that was the Frank Zappa concert in Birmingham on his Broadway The Hard Way tour. I was living in Wales at the time and train was the best option to get there. The only ticket I could get claimed limited visibility, but I didn't care. I knew Zappa was ill and it would be only opportunity to see him in this life. I arrived in Birmingham without being able to secure any weed or mind altering substances so did my best to procure some at the venue. There were a 1000 Zappa clones all smoking weed, but no one would even pass the joint to me let alone sell me anything.

When I took my seat in the theatre, I was 100% straight and found a column right in front of my face. Fortunately, it only obscured one band member, but why did it have to be Chad Wackerman, the amazing drummer?

The show was incredible, but the last train back to Wales had left 30 minutes before the show finished. I was helping my old dragon (mother) renovate her Victorian house and was therefore not working and kinda broke. I had no money for a hotel room and resolved to sleep at the train station and catch the first train in the morning. In the meantime, I went to various clubs and part; after my few years in Oz, had picked up a bit of an Australian twang. and the local girls loved it and I had an awesome night, resting for only about an hour and a half at the train station before catching the 7 am train.

Compared to Frigg's story, it's not exactly what I would call a nightmare.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Macdougal wrote:Did anybody go to the New Orleans pop festival...say late 60's...and they had the Hell Angels for crowd control, etc.? Epitome of nightmare.
It not only the New Orelans Pop Festival dear, they were also responsible for security at Woodstock and other festivals.

As an aside, how many pronounce epitome as epi tome?

My Brazilian students are always pronouncing a non existent E sound at the end of words ending in E so I never, ever highlight the handful of exceptions in the English language. I met a Russian guy in London who, quite rightly pointed out that Brazilians are crazy and pronounce e sounds that don't exist and don't pronounce them where they do (any word ending in a consonant and y; Universit, for example).
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Your Mom wrote:Well, here's a little Lindsey  Buckingham for you and Mac. His style has been criticised as twangy on Big Love, and I can see that, but it still blows me away nonetheless.

He's awesome!!
Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 pm

As an original guitarist, I can't disagree, This song sounds like there are more than one guitarists. I also like his voice and it is probably coincidental that I can imitate it pretty well. That wanker Bono is another I can imitate well. Shame I never developed my own voice!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:56 pm

But how different were The Mac before the arrival of Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks?

Although Black Magic Woman was a bigger hit for Carlos Santana, the original rocks as well. This is one of the rare occasions I like both the original and the cover.

Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:01 pm

The parallels between Peter green and Syd Barret of Pink Floyd are sad!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Another nightmare was at a Joe Jackson concert in an intimate theatre of some 2 or 3 thousand and some wanker started to clap out of time and the sheep joined in. It was not long before Joe called them to a halt. He started playing his eponymous hit, is she really going out with him, but, instead sang the lyrics for different for girls. He followed this by playing different for girls, but singing is she really going out with him. My girlfriend of the time scorched my heart by telling me to be quiet as I sang along to the songs I loved. What a cow!

I was used to her being a cow as her favourite expression was don't you think it would be better if you ... My response to this was if I thought it would be better, I would have done so! She couldn't understand when I told her I hated her nagging. That's not to say that sex with her was rubbish, but it was! Her favourite position was on top as she came very quickly, but lost interest immediately afterwards leaving me going what? What? What? You cannot be serious! And then proceeded to take matters into my own hand! She hated that as well!  I need the "my head is full of fuck" image!

That relationship, for some unknown reason, didn't last too long!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:04 pm

It is purely coincidental that the live show from Joe Jackson features a cover of Mac's "Oh, well"; I didn't know until I listened, but, by now, coincidences should not surprise you.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth-NLI on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Nine inch Nails early 90's

Too much acid, weed, and alcohol.... have no clue why I decided on that mixture!

No

Turned out to be one of their best concerts EVER!!!!

And I remembered none of it the next day.
Elizabeth-NLI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top