Your Mom's place

10 Premonitions That Should Not Have Been Ignored

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 10 Premonitions That Should Not Have Been Ignored

Post by Sarah522 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:50 am

Astrochik wrote:
that's super creepy

can't believe you stayed there after that - you are very brave!

As I said, that was the very last strange thing that ever happened there. It almost felt like, since they couldn't get a rise out of me, they were moving onto greener pastures, or something.
Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 am

Sarah522 wrote:
Your Mom wrote:To be continued

I know what it stands for, you goof!  Where's the rest??  

lol!

As yet unwritten
Estou occupado neste momento, mas prometo que vou escrever o próximo capítulo mais tarde hoje mesmo
Your Mom
Admin

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.ipbfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks Sarah and your Mom for this thread, Fascinating stuff.
aussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 am

aussie wrote: Thanks Sarah and your Mom for this thread, Fascinating stuff.

I promise I will continue when my laziness subsides.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Your Mom wrote:I moved into the house in question in the 90s when I had only one child who was 3 years old. The house was built in the 70s and had no history of death, violent or otherwise. It was a spacious house with Italian tile flooring throughout and stood alone. The nearest neighbour was 40 feet (13 metres) to one side and the other side formed the corner with another street and was unoccupied!

On the day I moved in, my lazy, fat arsed cunt of an ex-wife did her usual nothing. After everything had been moved into the house, I decided to unwrap all the dishes (wrapped in newspaper to protect them in transit), wash them and put them away. After a gruelling day, (I did everything from hiring the removal truck to loading and unloading everything myself) I was shattered and went to bed early. During the night, I heard the sound of dishes on the draining board, but was too exhausted to get up and investigate.
The following morning, I was shocked to find that all the dishes and pots and pans and cutlery I had put in the cupboards and drawers the night before were all neatly stacked on the draining board!   WTF? This was the start that ended up with me going to the real estate  agents and asking after the history (they said they knew nothing).        

TBC

Now, I know it wasn’t my wife who moved them as she was by my side when I heard the noise and, as my son was only three years old, so it was obviously not him as he had no way to reach. So who or what moved them? I give the same answer today as I gave then, I don’t know!

This was just the first of many bizarre and inexplicable occurrences, much of which seemed to be focused on electrical equipment. For example, one day I was alone at home and cleaning the large, single floor open plan house. I had an electric radio on which was plugged into a wall socket. Some time later, if I remember correctly, I had been vacuuming and, when I switched off the vacuum cleaner, I noticed that I couldn’t hear the radio so went to investigate. Imagine how I felt when I found the radio had been switched off at the socket. All exterior doors in the house were locked and I was the only person at home and I know I didn’t switch it off.

Now, as I said, the house was open plan and the combined lounge, dining and kitchen area was huge, with the lounge and kitchen areas at opposite ends. One morning, I was washing the dishes with the television on, but with the sound muted when, suddenly the tv burst into life with the volume blaring at maximum. A malfunction? Perhaps, but it only happened on that one occasion.

On another occasion, I was again alone in the house and was watching silence of the lambs on video for the first time. I was thoroughly engrossed in the movie when the tape suddenly stopped. Thinking little of this, I pressed play on the remote and continued watching. A few minutes later, the same thing happened again and I again pressed play and continued watching and the same thing happened yet again, but this time the interval was cut in half. And so it continued with the interval continually decreasing until it reached the point where I had my thumb on the play button and it just clicked continuously turning itself off. I was rather annoyed by this time and yelled “For fuck sake, will you fucking stop that; I’m trying to watch the bloody film.” At this point, I pressed play on the remote again but this time it played perfectly until the end of the film. Now, a skeptic (and I use the American meaning of one who doesn’t believe and will prove that there is no mystery, as opposed to British meaning of one who doesn’t believe but maintains an open mind) would probably argue that the tape had been wound too tight or some such thing or the VCR was malfunctioning, but like the incident with the volume on the TV, this only happened on that one occasion.

Within a twelve month time frame, every single electrical item in the house, with no exception, stopped working and most of them had been recently purchased prior to or after moving in. Coincidence? Problem with the electricity supply? Perhaps. All I will say is that I cannot explain it.

But there were other manifestations as well. One day, my wife was taking a shower and, as there was no one at home and the fact we had no familial nudity taboos, she left the bathroom door wide open. She told me that she saw a man in a suit walk past the bathroom and into our bedroom. She said that she felt no fear, only curiosity and annoyance that someone had come into the house without being invited so wrapped a towel around herself and went to see who it was. When she got into the bedroom, there was no one there and no place to hide or leave without passing the bathroom again.

My son had his own room with one door into the corridor and another into the garage which was always kept locked. One morning, he asked me who the man was in his room during the night. I told him that there were only us three in the house and, unless I’d been sleep walking, it hadn’t been me. He assured me that it wasn’t me so I asked him what he had been doing. He said he hadn’t been doing anything and went into the garage. Matter of factly, he added that he hadn’t even opened the door, merely walked straight through it. I checked both his door and the external garage door and both were locked. All other external doors were also locked.

It was very common to hear noises in the house, both when we were together as a family and separately when alone. Now, I’m not talking about creaking or such like, but noises of an obvious human nature. The house was independent with a street corner on one side and a neighbour’s property some twenty metres (sixty feet) away on the other. The house had tile flooring throughout and sound echoed and reverberated throughout and any external sound is easily distinguishable from that originating within. What sort of sounds am I talking about? The sound of footsteps of someone wearing shoes was very common as were the sounds of coughing, sneezing and most especially loud farts reverberating down the hallway.

As there were no obvious explanations for all the bizarre occurrences, I went to the realtor to ask if the previous owners had mentioned anything unusual about the house, if anyone had died in it or suchlike (it was only around twenty years old) but he assured they hadn’t said anything untoward or out of the ordinary. I was very reluctant to go into details when asked why and simply brushed it off as curiosity.

So how can we explain the events in the house? It would be easy to say ghost, but that then relies on many presuppositions and beliefs. I cannot explain them based on any commonly accepted ideology so all I can say is that I don’t know. If it was a ghost in the commonly accepted sense, I must stress that there was never a feeling of malevolence in the house, if anything a spirit of a cheeky boy.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 pm

A farting ghost! Sure it wasn't you, just blaming it on the ghost?

Interesting story. With the exception of the very last episode, I never felt anything malevolent either. In fact, even the last episode where I was pushed off the sofa, felt more like a petulant child than anything truly wishing to do harm. For a long time, I thought it was my brother causing it all, because he was a practical jokester in real life, but I eventually came to feel that it wasn't him at all. Who it was, I don't know. Whoever it was, they REALLY liked messing with the TV when I was trying to watch something.

I never did see any actual apparitions and if I had been your wife in the shower that day, I sure as HELL wouldn't have gone into the bedroom to see who it was!!

Great story!
Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 pm

I have never heard of a farting ghost before, but it was very common and they were always LOUD!

It definitely wasn't me as I'm very proud of mine. In fact, I shut my ex wife in a phone booth with one I was particularly proud of.

You've just reminded me that the tv would often change channel, especially at a critical moment in a show.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 pm

It definitely wasn't me as I'm very proud of mine. In fact, I shut my ex wife in a phone booth with one I was particularly proud of.

No wonder you're no longer married...  

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:23 am

Rolling Eyes
aussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content